Join regulators and industry professionals September 30 – October 3 for ICAE’s 2012 Fall Exchange. Highlights include:
- Texas General Counsel, Sara Waitt, will welcome us to Texas and provide an overview of hot topics the state is dealing with.
- Our keynote speaker Jani Rogers, of JR Talent Management will set the tone for ”Remembering the Customer” the theme for this year’s exchange. Her insights into serving the customer will spark an enthusiastic rally for keeping the customer at the center of our business. Following the opening session, Ms. Rogers continues with a learning session on “Dealing with Difficult Situations – Communications Workshop”. The session will define and explain the “triangle of need”: keeping the consumer’s needs in the forefront of the engagement and at the same time staying true to business demands and regulations. Participants will come away with practical methods and solutions to handling even the most difficult conversations and situations.
- Market Conduct Triggers Panel. Hear from individuals representing the insurance industry, on the company and regulatory side, share how they gather and use complaint data. And get helpful insight on preparing for market conduct exams from a professional consultant with years of experience in the field.
- Disasters: Responding to the Customer. Whether a health crisis, weather related, or a terrorist event, disasters can strike without notice. Disaster response veterans share best practices for loss prevention and mitigation, pre-event training, safety and security in the field, and post-event education and enforcement activities.
- Lynn Quincy, Senior Health Policy Analyst from Consumers Union will provide insight from the consumers’ point of view on insurance related issues of importance in today’s marketplace.
- Complaint Data on the Web. In January 2012, the Texas Department of Insurance invited consumer advocacy groups, insurance industry representatives, trade associations, and interested state agencies to review the complaint information on the department’s website. Learn how the agency approached the challenge of providing consumers with information that makes a difference. Rule changes, new data displays, and more specific complaint descriptions resulted. The panelists will discuss what went well, what could be improved, and lessons learned.
- Member showcase by Erica Hiemstra of Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association. Erica will share their approach to dealing with the fall-out of today’s social media environment.
- Marty Fisher of Martha Fisher and Associates will conduct an interactive session on “What Corporate America Cannot Build – A Sentence”.
- Ever-popular break-out sessions.
- Tuesday evening dinner and networking event – Texas style.
Conference Information Summary
|Attendee Registration Fees by September 7, 2012:|
|Attendee Registration Fees after September 7, 2012:|
Registration Fees Include: Sunday night’s opening reception, continental breakfast and lunch on Monday and Tuesday plus Tuesday evening dinner event and Wednesday breakfast.
NOTE: $150 ICAE cancellation fee will apply to cancellations after September 10, 2012.
|Guest Registration Fees:|
|Sunday Evening Reception, September 30, 2012||$35|
|Tuesday Evening Event, October 2, 2012||$125|
|Conference Registration Deadlines:|
|Hotel Reservations||September 7, 2012|
Click here to view conference agenda.
San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
889 East Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
|Hotel Room Rates and Discount Code for ICAE Attendees:|
|All ICAE Organization Attendees||$182 per night|
|All Regulator Attendees||$106 per night (limited number of rooms)|
The San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk Reservation Deadline is September 7, 2012.
Organization/Industry attendees click here.
Government attendees click here.
NOTE: A limited number of Government rooms are available so make your reservations early.
Phone Reservations: 1-800-648-4462
Remember rooms at conference rates are limited. Rates are $182 per night for organization attendees and $106 per night for government/regulatory attendees. Be sure to mention ICAE when making your reservation by phone.
Note: There is a cancellation penalty equal to one-night room plus tax if reservations are not cancelled by 4:00 p.m. the day of your scheduled arrival.
TRANSPORTATION: For information and driving directions visit San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk click here.
Note: There is no shuttle service provided by the hotel. Estimated taxi fare is $22, one-way.
Valet parking is available for $33 per day.
ATTIRE: Business Casual is appropriate for the meeting. And casual attire is appropriate for the Sunday evening reception and Tuesday evening dinner.
QUESTIONS or have special needs? Contact Nancy Brebner at email@example.com or 847.991.8454.